Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Favorite Disney Princess

Hello! Today I decided I would talk about my favorite Disney princess and my dilemma about Halloween costumes.
So, let's just dig in!

I've pretty much loved Disney Princesses my entire life. My 4th birthday party was Princess themed, and last week I bought myself a shirt with Ariel on it. (I can't tell you how happy all this Ariel stuff is making me!) So, you could say I'm a disgeek. I will often choose to listen to Disney songs rather than what most people my age listen to. A night spent watching a Disney movie and singing along with the songs is a very good night in my opinion! So, who is my favorite princess?

(Picture via Cosplay Island)
First, and foremost, is Belle. She has always been my favorite, since I was little. She reads, she's french, she has brown hair and brown eyes (Looks like me!), and can we just take a few moments to admire that dress?
...Prettyyyy.
Another thing about Belle is that she wasn't always a Princess. She was just a normal girl hoping for adventure. She would do anything to save her Papa, and she does. She learns to love people for what is inside, not the outside. (Which is good, because even as a human Adam wasn't the most attractive of the bunch.) Her best friends are a bookseller, Sheep, a Clock, Teapot, Cup and Candlestick. She also had a horse, which you have to agree is COOL. She wasn't exactly magic herself, she couldn't just call all the woodland animals out to have a sing-a-long, and she didn't have everything she wanted. Oh Belle, You're so perfect. I am also quite fond of Ariel and Rapunzel, but Belle takes the cake.
-Slightly-off topic story. While I was at Girl Scout Camp this summer I was doing a theater themed camp, so of course all of us girls would break out into song with little-to-no warning. My favorite thing to do was always Disney, so when a few of the girls told me that I sounded just like Belle and that I should totally play Belle in a stage performance one day (which is my dream role), I pretty much started crying. Anna and Izze, if you're reading this, Thank you!!!
Now, I've been trying to decide my Halloween costume for this year. And here are my choices.
1. Kim Possible. This would require getting a red wig, green cargo pants, and making myself some cool gadgets. I would also probably have to con one of my guy friends into being Ron Stoppable, which could prove difficult. ;P
2. Wendy Darling (from Peter Pan). Wendy has always been that cute, loveable girl. And after reading Peter Pan this year I feel that I could easily slip into her proper British, motherly character. This costume would require making my own dress (and figuring out how to stay warm in it!), curling my hair, and knowing that a lot of people would have no idea who I was. (although I s'pose no one would know who KP is either.)
3. Scar (The Lion King). I don't know why Scar has so much appeal. Maybe because he has an AWESOME song?


Mmm, all that creepy, villainous singing... And not to mention, aren't you supposed to be scary on Halloween? So for Scar's costume I would do it in an understated fashion. Heavy eye makeup (With a scar, of course), a messy black wig and dressing in browns and blacks.
So... There's your Disney Fix of the day. What do you think?
See you tomorrow!
Muzzy

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. After hearing your ideas for Scar, I think that would be really cool as well. Basically I think any of your costumes would be awesome but it depends on how much fun you think you'd have in each one. I'm going to have fun in my Eponine costume even though nobody will know who I am. XD

    And LOL, "...Because even as a human Adam wasn't the most attractive of the bunch." Totally true.

    ReplyDelete

Comments! Please keep this area PG, if you gonna hate you gonna have to leave, and I really get sick of rude words. Thanks!!!